Sign up or Convert Your Trial Account Here

Deep Space Supply

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trade Routes (Part 3)

The NPC trade market is a living market. As NPC stations use the resources produced by other NPC stations the supply and demand fluctuates. The price swings can be more dramatically effected by player trading. We have found that with a larger hauler such as the Caldari Charon we can move more goods than a single station can absorb. This can take you far out of your trade route if you want to sell everything you buy the same day. If you have some patience however you can make this oversupply work for you. Find a station that needs your excess goods and leave them in your hangar. Go about your daily business and after a while the prices will start to go back up. Now, with the right remote selling skills, you can sell out of that stock in your hangar without even undocking. Here is an example of how this should work.

I bought 200,000 units of water. I dropped them off at a station and sold 1500 units at a time until the buy price dropped. I left the remaining stock in the station hangar. After a couple of days the demand has gone back up but I'm off doing something else 10 jumps away. Thankfully I have trained my trade skills up so I can just sell 1500 units again remotely. I keep doing this until the original 200,000 units are gone all the while maintaining my profit margins.

Make sure you can spare the ISK that will be tied up using this strategy.

Topava suggests having yet another look at buying Isogen in Jita/The Forge and selling it one jump away in Sobaseki/Lonetrek. You had better hurry because Topava is on this one for herself as well!

No comments: